Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Month Three

My delightful darling boy, oh my I love you so much. I can literally feel my heart swell when I look at you. You are so much fun and smile all the time. It is a whole new world of baby that was uncharted for me. I can leave you on your play mat for over an hour before you even make a squeak. I can push you in a stroller at the outlet mall all day and hear narry a peep out of you until you are hungry. I'm loving every minute and wishing time would slow because you are completely edible right now and I love how you are immobile and therefore subject to my every cuddle desire. I really adore you and I want you to know that I know just how blessed I am to have you as my son.

Here's some fun facts about your third month:

- You weigh 15 lbs and 3 ounces
- You are wearing 3-6 month clothes now and not swimming in them
- You slept through the night twice. The second of which your sister did the same and it was the first night where a child has not awoken me in 7 months. Seven!!!!
- You are so close to giggling but just can't get the eruption yet. It's just as cute to watch you try.
- You have rolled both ways but just like your sister it was a one time show. You guys don't like repeating your tricks.
- You are totally formula fed. When it came time to try nursing you again you had a cold and I was too scared to try afraid I would cause you more discomfort. You seem to be doing just fine on formula and I am slowly letting go of the guilt I feel by not nursing you.
- You are so loved and adored by your sister. She tells me all the time about things she is going to teach you to do someday, namely how to ride a bike and eat a muffin. She always wants to touch you or hold your hand and is the most concerned of all of us when you start crying.
- You still really love ceiling fans and chandeliers.
- You have started teething and aren't very happy about it.
- You don't really love the Moby anymore which makes me sad because I anticipated at least a year of baby wearing. I think it makes you too hot but I'll keep trying.
- Speaking if hot you run really warm and have the clammiest hands and feet.
- You prefer to be held and rocked to sleep.
- You still aren't crazy about your pacifier but take it when you can tell I need you to.
- You are a bright ray of easygoing afternoon sunshine in our lives and we love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment