Thursday, May 31, 2012

When All I Wanna Do Is Sew

I have been bitten by a bug. A bug whose poisonous venom has spread quickly to my brain and infested my every thought. I cannot operate properly, I can't see clearly and I have completely forgotten how to do all my regular duties. All I wanna do is sew. It has quickly become an addiction and I blame this:
Sewing Room of My Dreams
This room is every thing I always wanted and nothing I thought I would ever really have. It is my den of dreams and I am having a hard time forcing myself not to spend every free second within its womb. Since we first moved in, this room has always been the sewing room but now it IS the SEWING room. The walls are often vibrating from the beat of my surger and small threads and fabric dust mask the sheen of the wood floor. The room is getting used and abused. The amount of projects I am actually completing has increased tenfold and as I feel myself getting more confident in my sewing abilities....the fire just keeps getting bigger! Rivers is my baby muse and most everything I create is ultimately for her but I've recently started sewing for myself! The self-satisfaction that comes from sewing something that I would have paid money for is incredible! I hope to fill my closet with clothes that are made by these hands. But first I will fill up Rivers' closet because tiny person clothes require a lot less effort.

She may not be nearly as into my sewing as I am

This top sewed up a little short but it's a vintage pattern and I have the feeling it was meant to be that way. I honestly could not stop staring at Rivers running around in this with her pedal pusher jeggings and pigtails. By far my favorite thing I've made yet!

New fresh goodies coming soon to Precious McGee
Do you also suffer from alliwannadoissewitis? What fun projects are you working on?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's in your blood. Pam and Betty forever! I am so jealous. I never sew anymore. Ever. And the one time I did recently I was making the easiest project known to man and I screwed it up somehow. I was thinking that once I found out I was having a girl I would suddenly get back to my regular old sewing self... but sewing for boys is not that fun. I have a feeling things will pick up again though since just reading this post made me all kinds of tingly and excited! It's the very best bug to be bitten by- so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start sewing for yourself again! I recall you making some cute dresses. I see some cute homemade maternity clothes in your near future!

    ReplyDelete