Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Sneaky Treat

Pinterest. It has opened my eyes and my belly to things I would never have known. My most exciting recent find is chocolate frosting shots made from coconut milk. I had never opened a can of coconut milk before and was surprised to find it thick like whipped cream. Don't shake your can! The recipe suggests opening the can and letting it sit in the refrigerator over night so that the whole can gets thick. I wish I had done this as only 25% of my can was thick but it was enough to experiment with. Since my milk portion was off I just improvised to taste with the following ingredients: cocoa powder, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. The result is very tasty but with every bite my brain screams It's Not Buttercream!!! Every night I get into it, I find the taste better and the consistency is so delicious, like thick frosting or mousse. I can't believe this girl made a vegan dessert and is enjoying it. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment