Friday, March 15, 2013

A Birth Story

This isn't "the" birth story. That is to come when I can find the time to figure out how to load my pictures off my new camera. Rather, this is a story of my conscious realization that I am now a mother to two. Two little human beings who need more of me than I feel I am capable of giving at times. I expected a period of adjustment. I flat out told people I expected the first year to be ridiculously challenging but I could have never predicted how exactly that would feel. I am a constant rollercoaster of emotions. Vacillating between euphoria and depression. I am overjoyed with all the blessings in my life and continually thank God for my two healthy and beautiful children and loving husband. And then five minutes later I am again overwhelmed by a fussy baby who I am struggling to figure out and a toddler who has forgotten how to speak and now uses varying degrees of whining to communicate what she wants. In one moment I am throwing pillows violently onto my bed to release frustration and two minutes later I am smiling with eyes filled with mist as Rivers asks to hold Gus again and I see his little body visibly relax in her arms. I am hormonal, I am sleep deprived and perhaps I am being a little hard on myself but I can continually hear God calling to me to tell me to step it up. And I know that is what I need to do. I have everything and more that I ever prayed for and I am blinded from it by my own selfishness and sin. These days are long but I know from Rivers these years are short. Today I'm choosing to be born a better mother. Wish me luck and pray for me?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Megan, you are such a good person and anyone would be able to tell just from reading this what a great mother you are. I will be thinking of you.

    And they both look so happy in this photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Pray. Now!

    You will work wonders in His love for those two children! And peace and serenity is always restored. That's what he wants to give us every day. Kisses Megan!

    ReplyDelete