Thursday, August 29, 2013

Month 6



   My little cowboy. 6 months. 6 long and short months. When I first laid eyes on you on that warm February day, I thought my heart could never feel fuller. But in 6 months it has only grown and expanded to levels I never knew possible. You are a bright and reliable light in our lives. You love freely and fully and forgive just the same. You are patient and easygoing. You are strong. You are funny. You are the little boy of my dreams.

Stats:

19 lbs (80%) 29.5" (off charts)
You are a rolling machine.
You are also a planking machine.
You will be crawling in no time.
You still love your jumper but only if everyone is in your line of vision. I have snuck out of the room to get ready too many times and you are on to me.
You have survived the torture of crying it out. I honestly got to the point where my brain was telling me I was going to die from lack of sleep. I have never experienced this level of exhaustion. You cried 30 min for the first nap, 35 for the afternoon and 35 for the night. That was 3 days ago and since then I haven't heard you at all! That might have more to do with me turning the volume off on the monitor but hooray! I am finally getting some quality sleep and you still love me.
Twice this month you have fussed when I tried to rock you to sleep and out of options I laid you down in your crib only for you to quietly fall asleep on your own. 
You are really attached to momma and my right arm is getting really buff toting you around.
You have had carrots, apples and peas. You are getting better about swallowing but so far aren't crazy about any of it.
After various tests with the allergist it has been determined that you have no food allergies but are intolerant to dairy, soy, mold, pollen, cats and dogs. So relieved you will grow out of your dairy and soy sensitivity.
You find potty training hilarious and laugh hysterically when your sister is in tears. Thanks for the levity you bring to those situations.
Just in the last few days you have gotten much better at sitting up on your own.


We just adore you, Buddy Gus!

No comments:

Post a Comment