Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mlogging: Mom Blogging

Lets be honest, this blog is a real mom show. The fact of life is that there really hasn't been time for much else as of late. Buddy had his digestive issues (which we NOW believe is just a milk allergy, so I'm going dairy free for a week to see if he can in fact tolerate my milk) and poor little Riverdini has been sick since Saturday with a viral infection that caused 9 hours in the ER last night and today full blown hospital admission. Medicine. What a blessing and a curse. Trusting ER Dr.'s who claim there is pneumonia in the lungs and doing a iv antibiotic treatment which brought on violent naseua and sending us home with a five day antibiotic. Today distrusting said ER dr because pediatrician on call at hospital said there is no pneumonia. It is all so frustrating. As I'm standing in the parking lot of the ER last night at 2 am with my itty bitty toddler in a t shirt, diaper and tennis shoes watching her gag and wretch to throw up the saliva left in her belly, tooting at the same time, my heart broke into a million pieces. We had just left the hospital where they are supposed to help heal and yet she seemed sicker than she had been. Today I sat crying in the pediatricians office as she recommend we admit our daughter to the pediatric care unit in town. I didn't want a repeat of last night and yet now that I am here I am more calm than I have been in quite some time and I do feel as though I can trust the care here. I wish I knew more and could help her myself but I can't so I have to put my trust in others. We have been here almost 12 hours now and she is certainly improving. If all continues she could be heading home tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime Gus has been staying with the Grandmas and daddy has been taking care of him at night. The entire family is a little sick now and we are just praying that Gus stays healthy. Health for all actually. I'm ready to get my little family of four back.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan, I'm so happy I happened upon your blog - what a sweet space you've created here. I hope you little ones are feeling better. xo!

    ReplyDelete