Sunday, November 11, 2012

Take Two: Pattern Review: Vintage Simplicity 7817

After a long drought, I finally felt inspired to sew for myself again. I have started three other maternity dresses that were not going to look as I imagined so I abandoned them all and gave up for a while. Even though I had not yet worn the other shirt I made from this pattern I knew I liked it enough to give it a second go around. I added piping to the collar to help break up the crazy pattern of the fabric and I love the result! I was sincerely shocked by how well my seams lined up keeping the diagonal pattern. The shoulders are less broad this time and I added an inch to the length to accommodate this ever swelling belly. I'm very happy with how it turned out and definitely happy to add a new wearable top to my closet. Especially when considering it cost me less than $10 to make!

2 comments: