Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Orleans.

We were invited to a wedding in New Orleans on November 3rd and while wavering on whether or not to attend we ultimately decided that in a few short months it will be infinitely harder to get away for a weekend with two little ones in tow, so we booked the tickets and invited Oma Dachtler. I was anxious about travelling with Rivers, even though she had already been on five flights before. We recently went to Yosemite and it was hard on her to be off her schedule and out of sorts, I was worried this trip would be more of the same. I couldn't have been more wrong. She was an absolute delight the whole time and was so excited to get out and explore the city. My mom purchased a harness backpack (oh the things I said I would never do when I have kids) but it worked marvelously and allowed Rivers to feel independent while we knew she was safe and unable to disappear. We went to the Louisiana Children's Museum, Oma took her to the zoo, and we all went to the aquarium. It was such a lovely trip and I was so thankful that my mom and Rivers were there.
Brunch at The Court of Two Sisters. Boogie is sampling some bread pudding in this picture.


At the New Orleans Aquarium. She was so brave in trying to touch one of the stingrays in the petting tank.

In other news, I am about 24.5 weeks pregnant and my belly is bulging. I am honestly concerned as to how I'm going to make any more room for this growing gentleman but there is nothing I can do but sit back and let it happen. I had my repeat gestational diabetes test yesterday and am waiting on the results. I have not been feeling that great so I'm feeling inclined to believe I do have it again.

Pregnancy Stats:
How Far Along: 24.5 weeks

Size of baby: Rutabaga
Total Weight Gain: 13 lbs

Gender: Boy
Movement: The last few weeks the movement has slowed down but I think I have been too busy and too tired to pay attention.
Sleep: We are coming off a week of Rivers having croup and only sleeping through 2 of 7 nights and a vacation to New Orleans. In other words, I'm tired!
Cravings: Nothing in particular at the moment.
Best Moment this week: Agreeing on two names with Dave. I'm not sure which we will pick but I am so relieved to know we have two we are both happy with. Also, the nursery has been painted and the wallpaper goes up Monday! I'm so happy to get started on this fun process!

No comments:

Post a Comment