Thursday, December 20, 2012

30 weeks 5 days - But Who's Counting?


This picture was taken at 30 weeks and I'm now almost 31. I think my belly has grown a few inches since then, truthfully. I'm part of the February Babies online group and they had this fun game where everyone was to measure their bellies. I measured 36". I remembering measuring a week or two before Rivers arrived and I was 40" so I still have some to gain. I am definitely starting to feel this pregnancy now. My legs feel thicker, it's harder to stand up and I've had a couple nights where I've had to sleep upright due to indigestion (does this mean he'll have hair??!?!) but overall I'm still feeling pretty great. I cannot believe he will be here so soon. We finally finished his nursery, of which I'll post pictures soon, and I love wandering in there and waiting for him. I remember doing the same thing with Rivers. The anticipation is so exciting.

I finally had another ultrasound today and the little man is measuring right on track, 4 days before my due date. He's about 3.5 pounds now and head down ready to party. This is the first ultrasound where he really looks different than Rivers to me. We decided not to spend the money on a 3d this go around so I'm really excited to see his little face and meet him. I think he has fuller lips than Rivers and a larger nose. He's a real cutie.


Pregnancy Stats:
How Far Along: 30.72 weeks

Size of baby: Four navel oranges (Couldn't they have found a singular item more appropriate?)

Total Weight Gain: 22 lbs

Gender: Boy
Movement: I don't know why but I don't feel a lot of his movement. He seems so quiet to me and usually does slow poking movements with only occasional kicks but at every doctor's appointment they comment on how much he's moving.

Sleep: Rivers has been sick and not sleeping well and we all know how that translates. Also, my hormones are kicking in and once I'm awake I'm WIDE-awake and it takes me a while to fall back asleep.
Cravings: Nothing in particular at the moment.
Best Moment this week: Seeing the little man on ultrasound and watching him cover his face with his little hands. It had been so long since I had seen him that I needed this little reminder that he's growing into a real life baby in my belly.

Bummer moment of the week: Finding out my Dr. no longer delivers at the hospital two minutes away from my house and I will instead be delivering at the hospital 30 minutes across town. Which makes me extra nervous since I will not be induced this time and Rivers spent three days in the NICU where I had to wake up in the middle of the night to drive down and feed her. I think this is my first reminder that you simply cannot plan delivery and must go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment