Thursday, February 14, 2013

I think it is safe to say I won't be sharing a birthday with baby boy. Now that his due date is imminent I find myself holding on to and treasuring every last moment of this pregnancy. Every night I sit on the couch and lift my shirt up above my belly to fully appreciate his movements. I have said since marrying Dave that I want three children but as I near the end of this pregnancy I am feeling increasingly happy and content with the girl and the boy with whom we have been blessed. Perhaps this is spurred by the end of pregnancy exhaustion but overall this has been a way more comfortable pregnancy so I believe it has more to do with feeling overwhelmingly content and happy with where we are. I truly love pregnancy and in case this is my last I am trying to make conscious memories. And yet in the same moments I am unbelievably excited about his arrival. Every cramp, ache and pain makes my heart leap and wonder if it is his time to join our lives. I cannot wait to see him, name him and know him. I cannot wait to allow my heart to explode exponentially again as I bond with another human being that God created and gifted to Dave and me. So the place where I am now is divided and I am happy with that. Whether another day or another two weeks, I am so excited for him to pick his time. The ball is in his court.

No comments:

Post a Comment