Friday, February 1, 2013

Modern Lumberjack Nursery

  He may not have a name but at least this baby has a nursery. Dave likes to call it Modern Lumberjack. I have to admit there were moments when I was worried it was becoming a little too hodge-podge but I think in the end it came together just as I was hoping. It is bright and quirky and makes me happy. I made all of the bedding and changing pads this go around along with the curtains and now that I am 37 weeks pregnant I look at them and feel so relieved I sewed them months ago.  I feel that way about the whole room actually. So glad that it is done because I don't feel like doing much. Nesting came early and is long gone. I haven't even finished packing my hospital bag and yet I have this feeling that he will be coming before his due date. Hopefully I can get around to that this weekend.
 
 
Fox lamp (Target: Patch NYC), Changing Pad cover (made by me), Dresser (Ikea Mandal but restained by Dave)

Rug (Urban Outfitters), Curtains (Made by me, Fabric from Ikea), Pouf (Target: Patch NYC), Child rocker (family heirloom)

All critters from Target.


Thrift store needlepoint.

Clockwise: Bear (River Luna), Owl (RiverLuna), Fox Crewel (Vintage from TheOddBin), Native American Painting (Thrifted), Fox (RiverLuna), Three Raccoons (Thrifted), Yosemite Moon picture (from Moggy and Grandpa),  My Roots Lie Here, CA (here), Feather print (RiverLuna).

These still need to be framed and hung: WildLifePrints

Triangle and Stag Pillow (Target: Patch NYC), Native American Pillow (Family heirloom)

Mobile made by me.

Needlepoint seat cushion (Family heirloom). Can you believe all of the blue is needlepoint as well? What dedication. And I have five more of these in different animals. That is A LOT of blue needlepoint!

5 comments:

  1. I lOve the nursery !! and the bed, where it's from ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco-rebelle, it is from Pottery Barn Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,

    I came across your Ikea Mandal dresser that was restained. I really like that color. What stain did you use? Also, what was your process? Did you sand off the clear finish first? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David! Sorry I took so long to respond. We used a heavy duty orbital sander to remove the clear finish. We then used Old Masters Penetrating Stain in Special Walnut. I think my husband did two or three coats of that and then we topped it off with Old Masters Polyurethane. Hope this helps!

      Delete