Monday, July 16, 2012

The Long Wait

This pregnancy is totally different than the last. I can't help but wonder if that means it is a baby boy who has taken up residence in my belly. I really am excited to know but I'm determined to wait until eviction time on some day in February. This whole waiting to find out is my own personal test to learn patience. It has never been a strong suit. When I was little my dad would have me repeat after him "Patience is a virtue." While a sweet sentiment, it had no effect on my personality and ultimate belief that everything is better NOW. I lack willpower and as proof I offer up the anecdote that I have always looked up the winner on the Bachelor or Bachelorette well before the season ends and sometimes even before it begins. After Rivers I decided that with my next pregnancy I was going to wait for the BIG SURPRISE to know whether I had a new daughter or son. So when the new season of the Bachelorette started, I considered it to be my mini-test. (Yes, now you have a glimpse into just how much of a silly woman I am). Now that we are less than a week away from the finale, I am proud to say I have avoided any speculation or proof on who stole Emily's heart. In other words - I did it. If I can wait 10 weeks to find out the winner of the Bachelorette then I am automatically qualified to wait 8+ months to find out what my new child is. Total logic at its finest.

The truth is, I'm at complete peace with whatever gender God has blessed us with this time. I know this child is going to be completely different from our Riverbunsin and whether that difference shows up as a little boy or another little lady is fine by me. While I'm working on my patience.....I want February to come NOW! Ok, maybe not now. Wait until I have Rivers potty trained and then come. Thank you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment